Monday, May 7, 2012

Mama's Night Out


Dress: Marshalls; Bracelet: vintage; Shoes: Gifted
Craig and I got to go out last Saturday night.  No not movies, not dinner….like…OUT, out.  My sister in law (Craig’s sister) turned 40 and we tried to partied like rock stars!  Uh huh…oh yeah.  We went down to Atlantic City, had a lovely and filling dinner at the Continental (I love this place), and went to a club.  Holy lord I haven’t been to a club in years and I felt so old and out of place.  I know 32 isn’t that old…but I guess as my tastes have “matured” I realize I’m way more of a bar person…or at least a “place with tables that don’t cost $300 per person” person.  
And let’s talk clothes. I had the hardest time figuring out what to wear. I wanted to go sexy and sassy, without flashing the bubbies or booties.  And I haven’t bought a “going out” dress since PRE WEDDING.  How long ago is that, you ask?  Or maybe not cuz you don’t really care…but it was 5 years ago my friends.  My first born was a honeymoon baby…so there was really no newlywed period.  And then the whole next year was losing the baby weight…and then we started the whole cycle over again with my second kid. And that’s taken me twice as long to lose that weight.  So…I’ve now started to accept my body and get my groove on and I feel like this dress does me just fine!  I also think it brought me a bit of luck because I randomly saw one lone Casion War table on our way out and won $50!!  That’s right!!!  If you all have never played Casion War….play.  It is mindless.  Remember the game war?  High card wins?  That’s it…..genius….



4 comments:

  1. you look very cute!!!
    THE CHIC AND CHEAP BLOG

    (visit, follow and comment my blog, i will be more than happy to that back for you too )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl...you looks stunning! Love your make-up + hair...so pretty. And good for your for going out on the town and letting loose. That said, I'm with you. I'm much more of a "bar" kind of girl :-)
    Happy Monday friend!
    XO - Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking hot, lady! Atlantic City is always a fun time. But I'm with you, I don't go out to clubs anymore...I'm over that whole scene but it is fun to get dressed up once in a a while :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your dress. Especially how the sleeve drapes over one arm<3
    lovely blog, would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete