Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Purple Fever


Warning...these are the most inconsistent in quality pics ever.  Just so you know.  It was a rush out the door...  


...but I've got a case of the Purps…


Ew…doesn’t that sound like a horrible disease?  It is in a way….because I have a fever…and the only prescription…is more colored denim.

Blouse: BP at Nordstroms; Cardigan: Forever 21; Jeans: Target; Shoes: Steve Madden (Gifted); Watch: D&G; Necklace: Forever 21


YES!!! I know!!! I’m late to the band wagon!!!  But it stopped, and I jumped on.  So what.  I have been eyeing the denim at Target for awhile now, but I’ll be honest…when I held up my usual size 6 I thought “Oh no way in hell.”  Remember now, I ran a marathon about 6 weeks ago…which means my butt and my thighs are not skinny and wee.  They are thick and athletic.  So “skinny jeans” that are truly SKINNY do not work so well.  But when these babies went on clearance…I just had to try them on.  I got over the number conundrum and went up to a size 11.  Yup…11.  And guess what?  I didn’t stop there!!  I grabbed a 13 too.  And you know what?  I like the 13’s.  THAT’S RIGHT PEOPLE!!!  I SAID 13!!!!  Let me tell you why:

1) My legs can fit into them.  Yes they need to desperately be hemmed because my 5’2” frame does not support a size 13 length in leg….but my legs fit into the skinny of the skinny jeans.
2) The rise is higher.  Although I fit into the 11’s, the 13’s kinda came up a little higher to make me feel not so self conscious about muffin top and baby belly pooch.  Remember my post of fit and flattery?  I wasn’t proud of the NUMBER, per se…but I enjoyed the way they fit better. And they are a bit loose, but it’s nothing a little nip and tuck and belt won’t fix.  On the jeans…not….me.
3) They were purple.  They make me feel fabulous.  I. LOVE. THEM.  So no matter what the tag says…when I put them on I feel great!  And besides…I tried on a 6 in a different pair of jeans and they fit too….it’s just what you get from a less expensive (I don’t want to say cheap…oops…just did….) brand: inconsistency.





So I’m fully onboard with the colored  jeans.  Bring me some cobalt, peach, and maybe a hint of pink.  I love ‘em all!

2 comments:

  1. The purple jeans look great on you! I also have a pair of Target color denim and I agree that they run very very small.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those Target jeans - you are right about the sizing!

    http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete